Jump to: Terms of Service---
Last updated on August 19, 2013.
- The information we collect and how we collect it;
- What we do with the information we collect;
- Information sharing and disclosure;
- How you can access and update your information;
- How we protect information;
- Linked sites and advertisements;
- Users from outside the United States;
- How to contact us;
- Your California privacy rights;
- No rights of third parties; and
- Changes to this policy.
The information we collect and how we collect it.
How we collect and store information depends on the websites you visit, the activities in which you participate and the Services you use. You can use some of the Services without providing any information other than that automatically collected as described below.
We may collect information about you during your use of the Services, including your name, username, password, email address, postal address, phone number, mobile phone number, payment information, gender, birth year, and information you provide or post on our Services or allow us to access when you do certain things, such as:
- Enter registration information for one or more of our Services;
- Enter a sweepstakes or contest or register for a promotion;
- Participate in voting or polling activities;
- Make a purchase;
- Request certain features (e.g., newsletters, updates, and other products);
- Sign up to receive SMS (text message) notifications;
- Download or use one of our mobile applications;
- Connect with the Services or otherwise allow us to access certain information about you via a social networking site (“SNS”); or
- Post user-generated content to or on any of our Services.
We may also combine information that we collect from you with information we obtain about you from third parties and Affiliates and information derived from any other subscription, product, or service we provide.
Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online. Should you choose to voluntarily disclose information through the Services, such as via SNSs, on message boards, chat areas or in advertising or notices you post, that information can be viewed publicly and can be collected and used by third parties without our knowledge and may result in unsolicited messages from other individuals or third parties.
Cookies and other electronic technologies.
When you use the Services, we use persistent and session cookies and other tracking technologies to: (a) store your username and password; (b) analyze the usage of our sites and Services; (c) customize the Services to your preferences; and (d) control the advertising displayed by the Services. We may also use other Internet technologies, such as Flash technologies, Web beacons or pixel tags, and other similar technologies, to deliver or communicate with cookies and track your use of the Services (including to serve you ads when you are on other websites or the Internet when we can access those cookies). We also may include Web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether the message has been opened. As we adopt additional technology, we may also gather additional information through other methods.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some of the interactive features of the Services. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools available in a web browser will not remove flash cookies. To learn more about how to manage flash cookies, you can visit the Adobe website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel.
Third party advertising and your choices.
When using a mobile application you may receive tailored in-application advertisements. Each operating system, iOS for Apple phones, Android for Android devices and Windows for Microsoft devices provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. You may review the support materials and/or the privacy settings for the respective operating systems in order to opt-out of tailored in-application advertisements. For any other devices and/or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or contact the applicable platform operator.
Device location information.
We may collect different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g., GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Services), and may use that information to customize the Services with location-based information, advertising, and features. For example, if you provide a zip code that indicates that you live in Chicago, the Services may be customized with Chicago-specific information and advertisements. In order to do this, your location information may be passed along to our Affiliates, agents, vendors or advertisers. If you access the Services through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
What we do with the information we collect.
We use the information that we collect for the following purposes:
- For the purposes for which you provided it;
- To send you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
- To send you alerts or other communications via SMS messages or other media or networks;
- To notify you about new features of the Services, special events, or products, services, and special offers;
- To administer sweepstakes and contests;
- To process and respond to your inquiries;
- To contact you with information that we believe will be of interest to you;
- To attribute content that you make available through the Services;
- To generate and review reports and data about our user base and Service usage patterns;
- To analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Services;
- To improve the content and features of the Services or develop new Services;
- To allow us to personalize the content and advertising that you see on the Services;
- To enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Services; and
- To administer and troubleshoot the Services.
The Services are supported by advertising revenue. We will send you commercial email on behalf of ourselves, our Affiliates, and advertisers. Each such email we send you will have an opt-out that you can use to stop receiving such communications.
Information sharing and disclosure.
We will make your information available to other companies, websites, applications or people in the circumstances described below:
- We may share your information with any Affiliate or agent of Tribune Company in order to provide the Services or advertising or to communicate with you on our behalf.
- When you sign up to participate in a contest or sweepstakes, your information may also be provided to our sweepstakes or contest advertisers, operators, or sponsors and the use of that information will be also governed by those advertisers’, operators’, or sponsors’ privacy policies or practices.
- We may disclose your information in response to any subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process we receive, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims.
- We may share your information with third-party advertisers and advertising networks or others with which we have a contractual relationship.
- We may disclose your information when we believe it appropriate in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of the Terms of Service for the Services you accessed, and/or to protect our rights and property.
As we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets.
How you can access and update your information.
To ensure that you have some control over the information we have about you, you may review and update certain user profile information by logging in to the relevant portions of the Services where such information may be updated (may be available on some Services and not others) or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we protect information.
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect against the unauthorized access, destruction or alteration of your information. Despite our best efforts, however, no security measures are completely impenetrable.
Linked sites and advertisements.
The Services may contain links to third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those third-party websites.
Users from outside the United States.
The Services are not intended for persons under the age of 13. We require that only persons 13 years of age or older use the Services. By using the Services, you hereby represent that you are at least 13 years old. Some third parties, such as platform providers like the iTunes Store or Google Play may provide age-based ratings on some of the Services. These ratings shall have no bearing on this limitation. Third parties may also provide content categories on some of the Services. These categories shall have no bearing on this limitation.
How to contact us.
Your California privacy rights.
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to email@example.com.
No rights of third parties.
Changes to this policy.
TERMS OF SERVICE
Copyright. All information, content, services and software displayed on, transmitted through, or used in connection with latimes.com, with the exception of User Content as defined below, including for example news articles, reviews, directories, guides, text, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips, video, html, source and object code, trademarks, logos, and the like (collectively, the "Content"), as well as its selection and arrangement, is owned by Tribune Interactive, Inc. ("TI"), and/or its affiliated companies, licensors and suppliers. You may use the Content online only, and solely for your personal, non-commercial use, and you may download or print a single copy of any portion of the Content solely for your personal, non-commercial use, provided you do not remove any trademark, copyright or other notice from such Content. If you operate a Web site and wish to link to latimes.com, you may do so provided you agree to cease such link upon request from latimes.com. No other use is permitted without prior written permission of latimes.com. The permitted use described in this Paragraph is contingent on your compliance at all times with these Terms of Service.
You may not republish any portion of the Content on any Internet, Intranet or extranet site or incorporate the Content in any database, compilation, archive or cache. You may not distribute any Content to others, whether or not for payment or other consideration, and you may not archive, modify, copy, frame, cache, reproduce, sell, publish, transmit, display or otherwise use any portion of the Content. You may not scrape or otherwise copy our Content without permission. You agree not to decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through latimes.com, not to insert any code or product or manipulate the content of latimes.com in any way that affects the user's experience, and not to use any data mining, data gathering or extraction method.
Requests to use Content for any purpose other than as permitted in these Terms of Service should be directed to Los Angeles Times Syndicate Permissions Desk at (800) LATIMES ext. 74565. In certain cases, you may be able to use individual stories that appear on latimes.com through online functionality we have specifically designated (e.g., to e-mail a story to a friend or to purchase the rights to reproduce a story for other use). In such cases, we will tell you directly in the portion of the Content you may use or you will see a link in the Content itself.
Registration. Registration is not required to view certain Content. However, you are required to register if you wish to post a comment or upload a video, or view certain other Content. If you become a Registered Member of latimes.com, you accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your Registration Account. You agree to provide true, accurate, complete, and correct information at the time of registration, and to promptly update this information as needed so that it remains true, accurate, complete, and correct. We reserve the right to terminate your access and use of latimes.com if individuals from more than one household access latimes.com using any single Registration Account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for restricting access to your computer so others outside your household may not access latimes.com using your name in whole or in part without our permission. If you believe someone has accessed latimes.com using your Registration Account and password without your authorization, immediately send us a report using our feedback form.
Use of Information by latimes.com. You acknowledge, consent and agree that latimes.com may preserve and disclose your Registration Account information and the contents of your online communications if required to do so by law, or in good faith belief that preservation and/or disclosure is reasonably necessary for the following purposes: (1) to comply with legal process, such as a court order, search warrant, or subpoena; (2) to enforce the terms of this Terms of Service; (3) to render service you request; (4) to protect the rights or property of latimes.com, TI, and their third party suppliers and licensors; or (5) in circumstances that we deem, in our sole discretion, to pose a threat to the safety of you or others.
User Content Representations and Warranties. By placing material on latimes.com, including but not limited to posting content or communications to any latimes.com bulletin board, forum, blogspace, message or chat area, or posting text, images, audio files or other audio-visual content to the site ("User Content"), you represent and warrant: (1) you own or otherwise have all necessary rights to the User Content you provide and the rights to provide it under these Terms of Service; and, (2) the User Content will not cause injury to any person or entity. Using a name other than your own legal name in association with the submission of User Content is prohibited (except in those specific areas of latimes.com that specifically ask for unique, fictitious names).
User Content License. For all User Content you post, upload, or otherwise make available ("Provide") to latimes.com, you grant Tribune Interactive, Inc. ("TI"), its affiliates and related entities, including latimes.com and its affiliated newspapers, Web sites, and broadcast stations, a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and fully sub-licensable license to use, copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, modify, adapt, translate, archive, store, and create derivative works from such User Content, in any form, format, or medium, of any kind now known or later developed. Without limiting the generality of the previous sentence, you authorize TI to share the User Content across all Web sites, newspapers, and broadcast stations affiliated with Tribune Company, to include the User Content in a searchable format accessible by users of latimes.com and other TI Web sites, to place advertisements in close proximity to such User Content, and to use your name, likeness and any other information in connection with its use of the material you provide. You waive all moral rights with respect to any User Content you provide to latimes.com. You also grant TI the right to use any material, information, ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any communication you provide or otherwise submit to us for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, commercial purposes, and developing, manufacturing and marketing commercial products using such information. All rights in this paragraph are granted without the need for additional compensation of any sort to you.
User Content Screening and Removal. You acknowledge that latimes.com and/or its designees may or may not pre-screen User Content, and shall have the right (but not the obligation), in their sole discretion, to move, remove, block, edit, or refuse any User Content for any reason, including without limitation that such User Content violates these Terms of Service or is otherwise objectionable.
User Content Assumption of Risk. latimes.com cannot and does not monitor or manage all User Content, and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of User Content. All User Content provided to latimes.com is the sole responsibility of the person who provided it. This means that you are entirely responsible for all User Content that you provide. To protect your safety, please use your best judgment when using latimes.com forums. We discourage divulging personal phone numbers and addresses or other information that can be used to identify or locate you. You acknowledge and agree that if you make such disclosures either through posting on any bulletin board, forum, blogspace, message or chat area, or uploading text, images, audio files or other audio-visual content, in classified advertising you place or in other interactive areas, or to third parties in any communication, you do so fully understanding that such information could be used to identify you.
User Content Posting Rules. Any decisions as to whether User Content violates any Posting Rule will be made by latimes.com in its sole discretion and after we have actual notice of such posting. When you provide User Content, you agree to the following Posting Rules:
* If the photo or video depicts any children under the age of 13, you affirm that you have written permission from the child's parent or guardian to provide the photo or video.
*Do not provide User Content that:
* contains copyrighted or other proprietary material of any kind without the express permission of the owner of that material.
* contains vulgar, profane, abusive, racist or hateful language or expressions, epithets or slurs, text, photographs or illustrations in poor taste, inflammatory attacks of a personal, racial or religious nature.
* is defamatory, threatening, disparaging, grossly inflammatory, false, misleading, fraudulent, inaccurate, unfair, contains gross exaggeration or unsubstantiated claims, violates the privacy rights of any third party, is unreasonably harmful or offensive to any individual or community.
* violates any right of latimes.com or any third party.
* discriminates on the grounds of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation or disability, or refers to such matters in any manner prohibited by law.
* violates or encourages the violation of any municipal, state, federal or international law, rule, regulation or ordinance.
* interferes with any third party's uninterrupted use of latimes.com.
* advertises, promotes or offers to trade any goods or services, except in areas specifically designated for such purpose.
* uses or attempt to use another's Registration Account, password, service or system except as expressly permitted by the Terms of Service.
* uploads or transmits viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files, material or code.
* disrupts, interferes with, or otherwise harms or violates the security of latimes.com, or any services, system resources, accounts, passwords, servers or networks connected to or accessible through latimes.com or affiliated or linked sites.
* "flames" any individual or entity (e.g., sends repeated messages related to another user and/or makes derogatory or offensive comments about another individual), or repeats prior posting of the same message under multiple threads or subjects.
WARNING: A VIOLATION OF THESE POSTING RULES MAY BE REFERRED TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
Unsolicited Material and Ideas. latimes.com is not responsible for the similarity of any of its content or programming in any media to materials or ideas provided to latimes.com. You acknowledge and agree that if you send any unsolicited materials or ideas, you do so with the understanding no additional consideration of any sort will be provided to you, and you are waiving any claim against latimes.com and its affiliates regarding the use of such materials and ideas, even if material or an idea is used that is or may be substantially similar to the idea you sent.
Transactions and E-Commerce. During your visit to our site you may elect to engage in a transaction involving the purchase of a product such as a newspaper subscription, a print or online advertisement or other tangible goods and services. Credit card transactions and order fulfillment are often handled by a third party processing agent, bank or distribution institution. While in most cases transactions are completed without difficulty, there is no such thing as perfect security on the Internet or offline. If you are concerned about online credit card safety, in most cases a telephone number will be made available so you can call us and place your order by phone. latimes.com cannot and does not take responsibility for the success or security of transactions undertaken or processed by third parties.
Errors in Advertisements. On occasion, a product or service may not be available at the time or the price as it appears in an advertisement. In such event, or in the event a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error, technology effort, error in the date or length of publication, or error in pricing or product information received from our advertisers or suppliers, you agree latimes.com is not responsible for such errors or discrepancies.
Communications with Third Parties Through latimes.com. Your dealings or communications through latimes.com with any party other than latimes.com are solely between you and that third party. For example, certain areas of latimes.com may allow you to conduct transactions or purchase goods or services. In most cases, these transactions will be conducted by our third-party partners and vendors. Under no circumstances will latimes.com be liable for any goods, services, resources or content available through such third party dealings or communications, or for any harm related thereto. Please review carefully that third party's policies and practices and make sure you are comfortable with them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, concerns or questions relating to materials provided by third parties should be directed to the third party.
During your visit to latimes.com you may link to, or view as part of a frame, certain content that is actually created or hosted by a third party. Because latimes.com has no control over third party sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that latimes.com is not responsible for the availability of external sites or resources, nor for the content, actions, or policies of those sites. Information you provide on such sites, including personal information and transactional information, is subject to the terms of service of those sites.
Notice of Intellectual Property Infringement. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other applicable law, it is the policy of latimes.com, in appropriate circumstances, to terminate the Registration Account of a Member who is deemed to infringe third party intellectual property rights or to remove User Content that is deemed to be infringing. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is displayed on latimes.com, please provide substantially the following information to our Copyright Agent (please consult your legal counsel or see 17 U.S.C. Section 512(c)(3) to confirm these requirements):
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of your copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material you claim is infringing is located on the site (providing us with website URL is the quickest way to help us locate content quickly);
- your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
Copyright Agent, 435 N. Michigan Ave., 6th Floor, Chicago, IL 60611, 312-222-4653 (voice), 312-222-4206 (fax), firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the above contact information is for intellectual property infringement notices only. DO NOT CONTACT latimes.com'S COPYRIGHT AGENT FOR OTHER INQUIRIES OR QUESTIONS. For other inquiries or questions, please use the information listed in the Contact Us section below. Please also note that, pursuant to Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
Counter-Notification for Intellectual Property Infringement. If you elect to send us a counter-notice in response to a notice of intellectual property infringement, to be effective it must be a written communication provided to latimes.com's designated Copyright Agent (see above for contact information) that includes substantially the following (please consult your legal counsel or see 17 U.S.C. Section 512(g)(3) to confirm these requirements):
- an electronic or physical signature of the registered user;
- a description of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled (providing us with a website URL is the quickest way to help us locate content quickly);
- your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- a statement by you, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- a statement by you that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which latimes.com may be found, and that the you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of intellectual property infringement or an agent of such person.
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
General Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability. While latimes.com uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information, we make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the Content and assume no liability or responsibility for any error or omission in the Content. latimes.com does not represent or warrant that use of any Content will not infringe rights of third parties. latimes.com has no responsibility for actions of third parties or for content provided by others, including User Content.
USE OF latimes.com IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALL CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE." NEITHER TI, latimes.com, NOR ANY OF THEIR AFFILIATED OR RELATED COMPANIES, NOR ANY OF THE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS OF ANY OF THEM, MAKES ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND REGARDING latimes.com, THE CONTENT, ANY ADVERTISING MATERIAL, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH latimes.com, AND/OR THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF latimes.com OR SUCH CONTENT OR SERVICES. ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WARRANTIES AGAINST INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES latimes.com WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE, ARE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMED. latimes.com AND ITS AFFILIATES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR CONTENT POSTED BY THIRD PARTIES, ACTIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY, OR FOR ANY DAMAGE TO, OR VIRUS THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY.
latimes.com CONTAINS FACTS, VIEWS, OPINIONS, STATEMENTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS OF THIRD PARTY INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANIZATIONS. latimes.com DOES NOT REPRESENT OR ENDORSE THE ACCURACY, CURRENTNESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT OR OTHER INFORMATION DISPLAYED, UPLOADED OR DISTRIBUTED THROUGH THE latimes.com. ANY RELIANCE UPON ANY SUCH OPINION, ADVICE, STATEMENT OR INFORMATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
IN NO EVENT SHALL latimes.com OR ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES RELATED TO UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, THE CONTENT OR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL latimes.com OR ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY AMOUNT FOR DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF $100.
Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless latimes.com and TI, each of their parent and affiliated companies, and each of their respective partners, suppliers, licensors, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives, contractors and agents, and sub-licensees from any and all claims (including but not limited to claims for defamation, trade disparagement, privacy and intellectual property infringement) and damages (including attorneys' fees and court costs) arising from or relating to any allegation regarding: (1) your use of latimes.com; (2) latimes.com's and TI's and Tribune Company's use of any User Content or information you provide, as long as such use is not inconsistent with this Agreement; (3) information or material provided through your Registration Account, even if not posted by you; and (4) any violation of this Agreement by you.
International Users. latimes.com is controlled, operated and administered by latimes.com from its offices within the United States. latimes.com makes no representation that materials or Content available through latimes.com are appropriate or available for use outside the United States and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. You may not use latimes.com or export the Content in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. If you access latimes.com from a location outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
Modifying these Terms. latimes.com reserves the right to change these Terms of Service at any time in its discretion and to notify users of any such changes solely by changing these Terms of Service. Your continued use of latimes.com after the posting of any amended Terms of Service shall constitute your agreement to be bound by any such changes. Your use of this site prior to the time these Terms of Service were posted will be governed according to the Terms of Service that applied at the time of your use.
Discontinuation of Service. latimes.com may modify, suspend, discontinue or restrict the use of any portion of latimes.com, including the availability of any portion of the Content at any time, without notice or liability. latimes.com may deny access to any Registered Member or other user at any time for any reason. In addition, TI or latimes.com may at any time transfer rights and obligations under this Agreement to any Tribune Company affiliate, subsidiary or business unit, or any of their affiliated companies or divisions, or any entity that acquires TI, latimes.com or any of their assets.
Choice of Law. These Terms of Service will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. You hereby agree that any cause of action you may have with respect to latimes.com must be filed in a federal or state court located in Chicago, Illinois.
Statute of Limitations. You agree to file any claim regarding any aspect of this site or these Terms of Service within six months of the time in which the events giving rise to such claim began, or you agree to waive such claim. No Class Actions. You agree no claim subject to these Terms of Service may be brought as a class action.
Severability. If for any reason any provision of this Agreement is found unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the parties as reflected in that provision, and the remainder of the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
No Waiver. Any failure of latimes.com to enforce or exercise any provision of this Agreement or related right shall not constitute a waiver of that right or provision.
Section Titles. The section titles used in this Agreement are purely for convenience and carry with them no legal or contractual effect.
Termination. In the event of termination of this Agreement for any reason, you agree the following provisions will survive: the provisions regarding limitations on your use of Content, the license(s) you have granted to latimes.com, and all other provisions for which survival is equitable or appropriate.
Contact Us. To contact latimes.com, please use the following address:
202 West 1st Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Or use our convenient feedback form to send an e-mail.Copyright © 2015, Los Angeles Times