Skip to content
Bill White's Top 25 Musikfest Best Eats (2008)
One of the things I hate is seeing TV stars who have aged so horribly that they look nothing like the way I remember them. Nobody wants to see Gilligan hobbling around with a walker.
Aging in the public eye is tough.
I speak from first-hand knowledge, because I'm clearly not the man I used to be. As I write this, my tongue is working over the empty place where part of a tooth just fell out.
But I've still got the zest to eat.
That said, I'm the go-to guy when it comes to writing about the best eats at Musikfest. Choosing the top 25 was a daunting task. Here's the list, in no particular order, really, except my favorite is No. 1. Note: Some of the vendors are, sadly, no longer around.
BILL'S TOP 25 FOODS
25. Fried Twinkie, D&J Concessions, Plaza Tropical
24. Chipwich, Bethlehem Dairy Store, Festplatz
23. Orange Shiver, Hillbilly Kettle Corn, Volksplatz
22. Fruit Smoothie, Maui Wowi, Festplatz
21. Chocolate Dirt Cup with Worms, Down Home Homemade Pudding. (sadly, no longer a MF venue)
20. Baklava, Bull and Bear, Volksplatz
19. Baby Back Ribs Platter, Fat Daddy's Southern BBQ, Plaza Tropical
18. Pumpkin Funnel Cake, Bricker's French Fries (sadly, no longer a MF venue)
17. Root Beer Float, Leiby's Ice Cream (sadly, no longer a MF venue)
16. Bruschetta, Giovannis (sadly, no longer a MF venue)
15. Cheesesteak, Brass Rail, Festplatz
14. Chicken Gyro, Pickles Steakhouse, Handwerkplatz
13. Steak Fajita, Take-a-Taco, Main Street
12. Kielbasa Sandwich, Ostrowski's Famous Polish Sausage, Volksplatz
11. Roasted Peppers with Mozzarella, Giovanni's (sadly, no longer a MF venue)
10. Dippin' Dots, Banana Island
9. Cream of Crab Soup, Maryland Seafood (sadly, no longer a MF venue)
8. Lime Fizz, Mr. Bill's Poultry, Festplatz
7. Meat on a Stick (anywhere)
6. Bar-B-Que Ribs Platter, Chuck's Bar-B-Que (sadly, no longer a MF venue)
5. Apple Dumpling with Ice Cream, Bethlehem Dairy Store, Festplatz
4. Chicken Sausage Platter, Mr. Bill's Poultry, Volksplatz
3. Aw Shucks Roasted Corn, Plaza Tropical/Handwerkplatz.
2. Strudel, Helmut's Original Austrian Strudel, Festplatz
1. Back Diamond Cheesesteak with Mushrooms, Buckeye Tavern (sadly, no longer a MF venue).