It wasn't the best celebration show
has ever presented, but it did provide a perfect dichotomy of it's most popular Superstar.
The last segment of RAW's 20th Anniversary show on Monday night explained perfectly the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde that is
Let's start with the Rock Concert, Part 1 - He sang a song about Paul Heyman's droopy breasts (to the tune of "Heartbreak Hotel"), then berated Vickie in a cover of
In Part 2, The Rock put the guitar and music stand aside and got serious. He called out CM Punk, put over the importance of the WWE championship and Punk's reign, mocked Heyman again, and further sold the title match at the
I liked the brawl - because The Rock and
This is The Rock I want to see more of.
- Eve lost the Divas championship to Kaitlyn then quit WWE on WWE Active via the WWE app. The match was actually pretty good, much better than Divas matches seen anywhere but on NXT lately.
- John Cena beat Dolph Ziggler in a cage match, another decent match with good false finishes. Once again, though, I'm waiting for what's next for Dolph; it's now two losses in a row against John Cena after beating him at TLC, which fans have already forgotten about.
- Alberto Del Rio is wearing some new "baby face" gear, which suits him. I don't mind him as World Heavyweight Champion, but maybe now is the time for Dolph to cash in, given Smackdown has a good guy as champion.
- Team Hell No swept Team Rhodes Scholars in singles matches. I wouldn't mind Sandow and Rhodes as tag-team champions.
- CM Punk beat Brodus Clay in a match that was set up simply from Punk's pipe bomb last week, which included a note about Clay. Clay tapped out to the Anaconda Vice.
- 3MB actually won something, a 3-on-1 handicap over the top rope Battle Royal against Sheamus.
- The Shield looked stagnant tonight, looking to attack soon to be WWE Hall of Famer
- The Miz I think did something unprecedented as a host of a WWE talk show. 1) he got his guest, Ric Flair, to sit in a chair on set and 2) He actually asked a question and his guest gave a logical answer. Novel concept!