Happy time

Retired Judge John W. Sause, Jr, left, and Chief Judge Robert M. Bell, right, laugh after the ceremonial unveiling of the Victorian clock that hung in the Court of Appeals in the Statehouse in the late 1800's. Its new home is in the hallway outside the courtroom for the Court of Appeals. The clock, in use until the late 1950's, had been given to Judge Sause, who donated it to the Commission on Artistic Property, which is part of the Maryland State Archives.

( Amy Davis/Baltimore Sun / January 5, 2012 )

Retired Judge John W. Sause, Jr, left, and Chief Judge Robert M. Bell, right, laugh after the ceremonial unveiling of the Victorian clock that hung in the Court of Appeals in the Statehouse in the late 1800's. Its new home is in the hallway outside the courtroom for the Court of Appeals. The clock, in use until the late 1950's, had been given to Judge Sause, who donated it to the Commission on Artistic Property, which is part of the Maryland State Archives.

  • Email E-mail
  • add to Twitter Twitter
  • add to Facebook Facebook