In November, more than 700 high school boys and girls lacrosse players on 46 teams — and over 400 adult volunteers, supporters, active military, alumni and spectators — came together to raise more than $65,000 for two severely wounded
Both soldiers were seriously wounded with bilateral leg amputations and other injuries in separate IED explosions in Afghanistan in 2011
Llewellyn joins Hobart roster
Hobart announced the addition of 14 players for the 2013 season, including 5-foot-9, 165-pound midfielder Gavin Llewellyn (St. Paul's). A team captain of the lacrosse and soccer teams in 2012, Llewellyn was a member of the Baltimore
"Gavin is really explosive and quick," Hobart coach T.W. Johnson said. "He will be able to break down a defender and create offense for us."
The 2013 ESPN college lacrosse schedule features the debut of the
All ESPNU programming will be available on computers at WatchESPN.com and on smartphones and tablets via the WatchESPN app to fans who receive their video subscription from an affiliated provider.
All of Inside Lacrosse's 2013 spring events will be broadcast on the ESPN family of networks: The Whitman's Sampler Independence Classic on Saturday, March 9; the Whitman's Sampler Mile High Classic on Saturday, March 16; the
Also, the entire
The schedule also features seven women's games. The entire women's schedule can be found on ILWomen.com.
More details, from ESPN's release:
- ESPNU will be the home to 38 games (33 in the regular season): 36 men’s and two women’s matchups.
- The Wednesday Men’s Game of the Week on ESPNU opens March 6 and runs through April 10, including a top-10 matchup between ACC rivals No. 4
Dukeat No. 5 North Carolinaon March 13, at 7:30 p.m.
- ESPNU will air all three games of the ACC men’s championship from Chapel Hill, N.C., on Friday, April 26 and Sunday, April 28, while the 24-hour sports network will carry a BIG EAST men’s semifinal and the title game, along with America East and Ivy League men’s title games.
ESPN3 will have a minimum of 15 games — 10 men’s and five women’s, plus a live airing of a Big East Men’s Championship semifinal game on Thursday, May 2.
- The men’s schedule includes at least one appearance from 14 of the 16 teams that qualified for the 2012
- A rematch of the 2012 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship semifinal featuring Maryland at Duke will air Saturday, March 2 at 11 a.m. on ESPNU.
- An additional Top 5 men’s game includes North Carolina at Maryland on Saturday, March 23, at noon (ESPN3).
- The women’s schedule includes at least one appearance from five teams in the ILWomen.com Face-Off Yearbook Top 20 – No. 3 Northwestern, No. 6 Duke, No. 9
Penn State, No. 13 Georgetownand No. 16 Johns Hopkins.
- The entire ACC women’s championship, also from Chapel Hill, N.C., will be on ESPN3 on Friday, April 26 and Sunday, April.
This season, the network’s telecasts will include a deep roster of experienced analysts: Ryan Boyle (four-time All-American at