The page turns quickly in the
There's precious time to bask in the afterglow for the
That's true in particular for owner
The Ravens have several difficult decisions to make regarding how they'll shape the roster for next season. The NFL scouting combine is in two weeks, free agency starts March 12 and the
Today at team headquarters, the Ravens' top brass will field questions from reporters regarding the biggest issues facing the team this offseason. The press conference, set for 11 a.m., will include Bisciotti, Newsome, Cass and Harbaugh.
Bisciotti and Newsome are typically the most popular subjects for questions, especially regarding free agency and player performance. Plus, they only do a few interviews per year whereas Harbaugh faces the media on a regular basis.
Among the questions that will probably come up today:
1. Will quarterback
2. What are the chances that Ed Reed will return since he's declared repeatedly that he wants to be back? What are the concerns about his age and durability?
3. Do the Ravens anticipate retaining many of their agents given the financial constraints, including restricted free agents?
4. Is re-signing former
5. Who replaces middle linebacker
6. Will center
7. How is defensive tackle
8. Are any players set to have offseason surgery?
9. Is inside linebacker
10. What are the top positions of need in free agency and the draft?
11. If Ed Reed doesn't come back, are the Ravens comfortable that they can replace him with any of the defensive backs under contract for next season? Or will they have to go outside the organization?
12. How is cornerback
13. What's the comfort level with
14. What's the outlook for
15. Do the Ravens expect to lose any coaches such as linebackers coach Ted Monachino to other NFL teams?
16. What did the Ravens think of a rookie class that includes
Obviously, not every answer will come out of this press conference in great detail with not every piece of information able to be defined at this early stage of the offseason, but it's always an entertaining, informative day worth observing closely.