In a city of homes both grand (Charles Street's Evergreen mansion) and forlorn (way too many boarded-up rowhouses), none has been around longer than Fells Point's Robert Long House. Built in 1765, it served as both home and business office for Long, who was a quartermaster for the Colonial Navy and operated a nearby wharf. It is now home to the Society for the Preservation of Federal Hill and Fells Point.
Barbara Haddock Taylor/Baltimore Sun
Copyright © 2017, Los Angeles Times