I did all of my homework last night for our unofficial employee pool here at The Baltimore Sun, and I'm confident that I will win a pool for the first time since Maryland was last in the Sweet 16 (that was back in 2003 if you have forgotten). I'll pass along my cheat sheet for the tournament -- including my contenders and pretenders -- but don't blame me if my tips sabotage your bracket.
The contenders (chalk you can count on):
The pretenders (sure to send your bracket to the trash bin):
1. Pittsburgh: Like many Pittsburgh teams over the past decade, the
2. Notre Dame: Overrated. Clap. Clap. Clap-clap-clap.
3. BYU: Jimmermania will carry into the Sweet 16 -- and we should thank the basketball gods for that -- but the loss of big man
Sleepers (darkhorses capable of a title run):
2. Kentucky: After losing a slew of players to the pros last spring,
Cinderellas (busting brackets near you):
2. Oakland: With 6-foot-11, 230-pound center
My Final Four:
Ohio State, Duke, Kansas, Kansas State
My big winner:
Ohio State over Kansas
Lovers of botched brackets and/or green beer, join The Baltimore Sun at our Tournament Tweetup viewing party on March 17, which conveniently is also
You tell me: Chime in with your contenders, pretenders, sleepers and Cinderellas.