Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The choice of "Kegasus," a partying centaur, as the mascot for Preakness raises eyebrows and questions. ... Maryland center Jordan Williams has tentatively filed to enter the NBA draft. ... Maryland started spring football practice Tuesday with a new head coach, a new playbook and significantly stricter team rules. ... The Orioles have set their 25-man roster. ... The Orioles finished up their spring training schedule with a loss to the Blue Jays. ... The Capitals lost to the Hurricanes.
Hitting the links:
1. Peter Schmuck: After a break-even exhibition season, the O's fortunes could go either way [Baltimore Sun]
4. Orioles spring training in review: three good things and three bad things [Baltimore Sun]
6. For the Orioles, the dollar sign must be on the muscle [PressBox]
8. What's your 19th-century Orioles nickname? [FanGraphs]
9. Breaking down the Orioles roster [Loss Column]
10. Did the Orioles make the right moves? [CSN Baltimore]
11. What the film revealed about the 2010 Ravens [New York Times]
12. The Ravens think they have secured Eric DeCosta as their GM in waiting [Ravens Insider]
13. Breaking down Ravens draft trends over the past decade [National Football Post]
You said it:
"I'm confused. I thought there was still an effort to tone down the rowdiness. How is a 'Keg'asus spokes manimal helping with that?" -- reader GayPinder is puzzled by the ad campaign for Preakness 2011
Video of the morning:
Richard Simmons gets you fit to fly
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.