Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
With Sunday's four-set win over Roger Federer in the French Open finals, Rafael Nadal equalled Bjorn Borg's record for Roland Garros men's singles crowns. ... Orioles starter Jeremy Guthrie made plenty of mistakes Sunday, and the Blue Jays made him pay early and often in the 7-4 loss. ... It looks like Chris Jakubauskas, who threw two scoreless innings of relief on Friday, will start for the Orioles on Tuesday. ... Dan Klein, arguably the best pitching prospect in the Orioles farm system, has been shut down with a shoulder injury. ... With Monday's amateur draft looming, the Orioles are waiting for the potential multimillion-dollar dominoes to fall.
Hitting the links:
2. Accountability goes a long way [Orioles Insider]
3. Keith Law talks about Joe Jordan [MASN]
7. Terrence Cody lost weight [CSN Baltimore]
8. Westminster is still hoping the Ravens will paint the town purple -- and green [Baltimore Sun]
10. Ray Rice and TMZ [Baltimore Beatdown]
12. Reason for hope and reason for concern for the Maryland football program [ESPN]
13. Reviewing Alex Semin's 2010-11 season [Capitals Insider]
You said it:
"Adam Jones and Zack Britton are the only good Orioles. Scratch that. Adam jones is the only good Oriole, now. And what's all the hype about Weiters, he's an average cather. Most disappointing would have to be Roberts, I think at $10 million/season, we could do better." -- reader PA Sucks has trouble picking which Orioles player has been the most disappointing so far this season
Video of the morning:
Former Capitals enforcer Donald Brashear won his MMA debut over the weekend