Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Orioles ultimately landed the player they wanted with the fourth overall pick in Monday night's amateur draft, selecting right-hander Dylan Bundy form Owasso High in Oklahoma. ... Brian Matusz allowed two runs over 5 1/3 innings in the Orioles' 4-2 win over the Athletics. After the game, Matusz said that he is not worried about his decreased velocity. ... Chris Jakubauskas will start Tuesday night's game against the Athletics at Camden Yards. ... Navy continues to be interested in Maryland men's lacrosse coach John Tillman. ... Baltimore native Josh Selby sat on the sidelines during predraft workouts for the Wizards.
Hitting the links:
1. Dylan Bundy talks about Dylan Bundy [Orioles Insider]
2. Is Zach Britton falling out of the American League Rookie of the Year race? [SI]
3. Mark Reynolds wants to be more aggressive on defense [MLB.com]
4. Buck Showalter is passionate [Boston Globe]
5. These Ravens could really use training camp [Baltimore Sun]
6. Here are five reasons why Plaxico Burress would not be a good fit in Baltimore [Ravens Insider]
7. Plaxico is worth a look [Toy Department]
8. Could Steve Smith land with the Ravens? [Ravens Insider]
9. James Hardy learned from Terrell Owens [Ravens.com]
10. Who exactly is Alexander Semin? [Russian Machine Never Breaks]
You said it:
"The Ravens have added speed, size and experience over the past couple seasons at WR, including through the draft this year. They don't need another receiver. What they do need, is a left tackle. The offense is a left tackle away from being elite. If we add an experienced, topline left tackle to protect Flacco and give him time, and the defense can continue to be a top 10 defense, then you can order your Super Bowl tickets!" -- reader dirkpitt thinks the Ravens should pass on Plaxico and look for a left tackle in free agency
Video of the morning:
The guy who tried to call out LeBron James the other night was none other that Gregg Doyel, the columnist who called former Terps coach Gary Williams "a spineless little fraction of a man"
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.Copyright © 2015, Los Angeles Times