Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Ravens signed Pro Bowl fullback Vonta Leach but saw tight end Todd Heap sign a two-year deal with the Cardinals. ... A few Ravens players are sidelined at the start of training camp. ... Kelly Gregg said there are no hard feelings in parting ways with the Ravens. ... The Orioles lost to the Yankees, 4-2, on Sunday. ... After making two deals Saturday -- gone are Koji Uehara and Derrek Lee -- the Orioles held on to the rest of their potential chips as Sunday's annual non-waiver trade deadline passed.
Hitting the links:
1. Here's a Q&A with John Harbaugh [Baltimore Sun]
2. Jimmy Smith hit the ground running [Baltimore Sun]
3. Kevin Cowherd writes that we can sit back and relax now that the Ravens have made some moves [Baltimore Sun]
4. The QB carousel has been spinning quickly [SI]
5. Todd Heap leaves a void in the red zone [Ravens Insider]
6. How did the Orioles do at the trade deadline? [Yahoo]
7. In praise of Koji Uehara [CSN Baltimore]
8. Chris Davis is ready to play [Orioles Insider]
9. Bobby Bundy is on the move [MASN]
10. Erik Bedard is now with the Red Sox [AP]
You said it:
"I'm sticking with the 'Cam Cameron is the true bane of this Offense's existance' theme. And I will continue to chew on it like a pitbull with a bone, Matt." -- reader Chris T thinks Cameron is holding Joe Flacco back
Video of the morning:
To celebrate Jeremy Guthrie staying in Baltimore at the deadline, here are random minor-league baseball players signing Backstreet Boys, the preferred boy band of the Orioles starter [via Hot Clicks]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.
The Ravens might have let you go but I won't. It's not fantasy football season until you're on the squad, listed as Questionable. Don't let the streak end.