Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Joe Flacco has completed a scant 49.3 percent of his throws, but the problem appears to be more anomaly than trend. ... Jarret Johnson is the latest Ravens player to be named AFC Defensive Player of the Week. ... Chuck Pagano's imprint on the Ravens defense is evident. ... Maryland has a daunting task in defending Georgia Tech's triple-option offense. ... Navy's leading rusher, Alexander Teich, will "probably" not play on Saturday.
Hitting the links:
1. For the Ravens defense, history waits [Ravens Insider]
3. Joe Flacco was a "C-minus" in the first four games [ESPN]
4. Hold off on those defensive comparisons [CSN Baltimore]
6. Chuck Pagano's faith in his players is strong [Ravens.com]
8. Here's an update on what some Orioles prospects are up to in the Arizona Fall League [Orioles Insider]
13. Maryland is entering a critical three-game stretch [Terrapins Insider]
14. The Terps are still seeking an identity [Washington Times]
Video of the morning:
Capitals coach Bruce Bourdreau is in more carpet commercials [via Russian Machine Never Breaks]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.