If you happened to tune in for the Celebrity Beach Bowl during
If you didn't -- and I can't say that I'd blame you -- here's the video.
That was Kris Jones, who was the winner of DirecTV's 2010 Ultimate Displaced Fan contest -- no, not this kind of displaced fan -- after submitting this video a few months ago. Jones won a trip to Dallas, Super Bowl tickets, a spot in the Celebrity Beach Bowl, and the chance to hang out with Ravens running back
"I had the greatest weekend of my life last week," Jones, 26, who now lives in Raleigh, N.C., told me Friday. "I distinctly remember laying in my bed on Saturday and on Sunday saying, 'Wow! Yesterday was the greatest day ever... Oh wait, we still have more to do.'"
Jones, whom you might also know as Goob Theoharris if you frequent the B-More Birds' Nest blog, was kind enough to send me a list of the five most memorable experiences from his trip (and what the heck, he threw in a bonus one, too). Here are the moments Jones won't soon forget (and I have a feeling you'll like No. 1 the most):
1. Watching the Steelers lose: The next best thing to watching the Ravens win was to watch the Steelers lose. Frankly, the game was kind of calm and the fans were nowhere near as passionate as I thought they would be. I guess they are the rich fans and not the rowdy drunks that we're all used to at NFL games.
2. Scoring a TD in the Beach Bowl: Warren Moon told me he was going to target me from the start and try to get me a TD. Warren did a great job distributing the ball around to our team but he was more than generous with the play-calling. I saw a ton of Steelers fans in the crowd and I promised Ray Rice that if I scored in the game that I'd do the Ray Lewis dance. Once I scored everything was a blur because everyone was watching me and I just jumped into the Ray Lewis dance. It wasn't my best dance by far because I actually realized what I was doing halfway through it and couldn't stop cracking up laughing about making a [fool] out of myself on national TV.
3. Ray Rice was sooooooo cool: After spending 20 minutes with him, you would have thought we knew each other for years. This guy was nothing but nice and definitely made the interviews [on media row] about me winning the contest and not just about him and the Ravens. It made me feel really cool and important, even though I knew that none of those guys would have wanted to talk to me without him. Ray was so cool and he even sent me a few [messages] on Twitter afterwards seeing what we were up to. Meeting one of your favorite players is awesome but there is some risk involved if they are a jerk and just completely ruin the thoughts you had of them. Ray was definitely the coolest person I've met on the team (and I've met a lot of people on the team) and he has just propelled my fandom even further.
5. Celebrity Beach Bowl: It was awesome. Walking out of a tunnel onto a field behind Barry Sanders and
6. Celebrities: I got to meet a ton of people. We were so busy that I had to walk by people like
Thanks, Kris, for sharing this with us.