Visit historic sites, a world-class zoo and incredible museums on the Road to Revolution. This tour travels through historic towns, an amusement park, gardens and the largest mall on the east coast.
The road to revolution begins in Philadelphia
- Discover America's most historic square mile and visit Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell and the National Constitution Center, home of the United States Constitution.
- Stroll through the Philadelphia Art Museum, which houses more than 200 world-class art exhibits, 400,000 permanent pieces of art and hosts special traveling exhibits.
- Experience the hands-on approach to science and technology at the Franklin Institute Science Museum.
- Visit America's first zoo. The Philadelphia Zoo is full of unique animals from all over the world.
- Learn about the lives and adventures of the patriots who stood their ground during the American Revolution while walking and viewing the beauty of New Hope's Historic District.
- Learn about the Continental Army at Valley Forge National Historic Park, tour the Welcome Center, view artifacts and enjoy the scenery by walking, hiking, biking or horse back riding along the battlegrounds.
- Experience an early 20th century railroad station, Strasburg Railroad, boasting shops, historic buildings and railroad memorabilia.
- Enjoy the charm, gentility and history of an 18th century stroll along historic tree-lined streets, stone and log built homes and shops in Lititz.
- The quaint town of New Hope, known for its great shopping and dining, provides opportunities for antiquing, browsing art galleries, viewing historic architecture and hearing the friendly clip-clop of a horse drawn carriage.
- Visit the James A. Michener Art Museum, showcasing the Pulitzer Prize-winning author and an impressive collection of Bucks County art from Colonial times to the present, Pennsylvania Impressionists and an outdoor sculpture garden.
- See a multitude of American Art in the Brandywine River Museum and magnificent wildflower gardens displayed by the Brandywine Conservatory.
- Find yourself in a garden of paradise at Longwood Gardens, exhibiting waterfalls, tulips, daffodils, exotic orchids and much more.
Additional Side Trips
- Splash around and enjoy the water attractions with Big Bird, Grover and Elmo, and enjoy a live show at Sesame Place in Langhorne.
- Check out the King of Prussia Mall's 365 specialty shops, 8 department stores and 40 restaurants and eateries.
- Tour Chaddsford Winery, located in a 19th century barn, which offers wine tasting, classes and outdoor concerts.
- Dutch Wonderland Family Amusement Park, located in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch Country, has more than 30 rides, magical children's attractions and live shows.
For more information about Road to Revolution road trips, visit www.visitpa.com.Copyright © 2015, Los Angeles Times