On weekday mornings, I'll post the most controversial, shocking and (of course) ridiculous stories for your reading pleasure. That way, when you walk into work, you'll be the master of witty conversation.
• From the school of truly stupid arguments: Congressman links
• Even more stupidity: 6-year-old girl put on terrorist watch list. (Mediaite)
• The annals of awesome: Scientists close in on God particle. (Telegraph)
• "Just remember, this is the United States of America. We write 80 million checks a month. There are millions and millions of Americans that depend on those checks coming on time,"
• "I didn't sign up for going mano-a-mano with the President of the United States," - John Boehner
• "There was a shooting at a political camp, which sounds a little like, you know, the Hitler youth. I mean, who does a camp for kids that's all about politics? Disturbing." -
• "The irony of the situation at the moment, with markets opening tomorrow morning, is that the biggest threat to the world financial system comes from a few right-wing nutters in the American congress rather than the euro zone," - Vince Cable
• Would Boehner's plan even help?