SBEB is a national leader in representing policyholders whose claims have been denied by insurance companies. Founded in 1974 by William M. Shernoff, the firm has been protecting consumers against insurance company abuses for over 35 years. Mr. Shernoff introduced the concept of bad faith in a case against Mutual of Omaha and the case resulted in a landmark decision in 1979.
Today, the firm represents policyholders who have been wrongfully mistreated by their insurance companies in all lines of coverage including life, health, disability, property and general liability insurance. The firm also handles catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death cases. Few law firms can match this firm's impressive record of success. Over the years, the law firm has recovered more than $1 billion in verdicts and settlements on behalf of clients.
The firm has had a number of successes over the last year, including three Top 100 Verdicts in 2012 in California according to VerdictSearch.
William Shernoff is the nation's pioneer ofbad faith insurance litigation and has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for his clients against major insurers. Mr. Shernoff is regularly named on as a Super Lawyer, he was Best Lawyers' 2014 Riverside Plaintiffs "Lawyer of the Year" and he's won numerous Trial Lawyer of the Year awards.
Michael J. Bidart focuses on health insurance, catastrophic injury, and commercial liability litigation and was named 2011 Trial Lawyer of the Year by the American Board of Trial Advocates. Mr. Bidart's successes include winning the largest jury verdict ever against an HMO and winning more than $300 million on behalf of victims of the Northridge earthquake. He currently represents MGA Entertainment in the ongoing litigation stemming from the Bratz dispute between MGA and Mattel.
Ricardo Echeverria concentrates on bad faith and catastrophic personal injury cases and was named 2010 Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles and is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates. He also is a member of the executive committee of the Consumer Attorneys Associate of Los Angeles.
Gregory L. Bentley focuses on insurance bad faith, catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death cases. He is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, past-president of the Consumer Attorneys of Inland Empire and on the board of directors of the Consumer Attorneys of California.
The firm is known for its results-oriented approach to representing clients and for obtaining some of the largest jury verdicts and settlements in the country.
• William M. Shernoff obtained a $19 million jury verdict for a paraplegic Marine whose insurance company overruled his treating doctor on the medical necessity of his 109-day hospital stay.
• Michael J. Bidart won a $120 million jury verdict against an HMO (the largest verdict against an HMO in history) over its refusal to pay for care recommended by the health plan's own physicians.
• Ricardo Echeverria obtained a $25.7 million jury verdict for a catastrophically injured youth.
• Gregory L. Bentley obtained a $31.5 million jury verdict on behalf of a catastrophically injured Deputy District Attorney.
As specialists in insurance bad faith, SBEBmaximizes recovery on behalf of their clients by obtaining settlements and verdicts in excess of the adverse party's insurance policy limits. Excess results just this year alone include:
• $15 million recovered on a $15,000 policy
• $10 million recovered on a $300,000 policy
• $4 million recovered on a $25,000 policy
• $2.25 million recovered on a $50,000 policy
• $15 million jury verdict on a $1 million policy
Shernoff Bidart Echeverria Bentley LLP
600 South indian hill blvd.
Claremont, CA 9171
toll free: 800.458.3386