Some examples of what he believes conservatives should feel good about:
1. "Conservatives respect religious liberty as applied to faith-based institutions." If Mr. Ehrlich is referring to President
2. "Community organizers" (like President Obama?) "played a role in the mortgage crisis." What? The big banks and financial institutions supporting the conservative candidates just might have been a more likely candidate for culpability.
3. "Conservatives respect the values of our Judeo-Christian heritage." It seems to me that this discounts and denigrates believers in other faiths, as well as non-believers. Why aren't their values also respected?
4. "Part of America's exceptionalism is due to its 'anti-imperialist' attitude." We have stockpiles of nuclear weapons at home and abroad and our military is semi-permanently entrenched all around the world, so when did the
5. "Stood up for preventing children without documentation from paying the same tuition as others residing in the state."
Mr Ehrlich concludes by stating that conservatives do not want a country that operates like Maryland. I believe Maryland is ranked top in the nation in both per-capita income and public education. Let's not go backward — that's nothing to be proud of.