Traffic is likely to be impacted in Baltimore and Anne Arundel counties today by the funeral procession for Forrest "Dino" Taylor, a veteran Baltimore City police officer who died Aug. 29, according to
Taylor, 44, of
, was injured in the line of duty in a crash at a stoplight in
on Feb. 18. He died after complications from surgery stemming from the injuries he sustained in the crash, police said.
Taylor was a 17-year veteran of the
, and is survived by his wife and two children.
On Friday, the procession of his loved ones from The Cathedral of Mary Our Queen in the city's Wyndhurst neighborhood to Hillcrest Memorial Gardens in Annapolis will be assisted by Maryland State Police, the police departments of Baltimore,
and Anne Arundel County, and the State Highway Administration.
Starting at 9 a.m.,
will be closed from Northern Parkway to Coldspring Lane.
According to state police, the route of the procession, which will begin at 12:30 p.m., is as follows:
• Depart The Cathedral of Mary Our Queen of Baltimore, 5200 N. Charles Street;
• Travel north on Charles Street (MD 139) to Northern Parkway;
• Continuing west on Northern Parkway to the
• Traveling north on the Jones Falls Expressway (I-83) to the Baltimore Beltway (I-695);
• Continuing on the outer loop of the Baltimore Beltway (I-695);
• Traveling south on the
Bypass (I-97) to Airs T. Allen Blvd (MD 665);
• Continuing east on Aris T. Allen Blvd (MD 665) turning left onto Chinquapin Round Road;
• End at Hillcrest Memorial Gardens, 1911 Forest Drive, Annapolis.
Drivers are asked to use caution when driving alongside the procession.