Dr. William R. Law, a retired Baltimore internist whose career at Bon Secours Hospital spanned more than three decades, died Feb. 20 of cancer at Stella Maris Hospice. The longtime West
The son of an electrical engineer and a homemaker, William Rawlins Law was born in Baltimore and raised in Rodgers Forge.
He was a 1953 graduate of
Dr. Law was a 1962 graduate of the
He served in the Army Medical Corps and remained an active reservist, attaining the rank of captain.
From 1967 to 1974, he maintained a private practice in
Dr. Law's career at Bon Secours began in 1967 as a screening physician in the medical and
In 1976, he established and directed the hospital's Certified Nurse Practitioner Program until 1994. He also chaired the hospital's Department of Community Medicine, where he was director of the emergency department, ambulatory care clinics and
From 1986 to 1989, he was vice president of Bon Secours, and from 1990 to 1997 was vice president in charge of the hospital's quality improvement. For the last two years of his career until retiring in 1999, he was the hospital's chief medical officer.
Dr. Law was an avid reader and enjoyed family vacations at Deep Creek Lake. He also liked home improvement projects and was a skilled bricklayer.
Dr. Law was a longtime communicant of Nativity of Our Lord
Surviving are his wife of 54 years, the former Mary Elizabeth Lewis; a son, William J. "Tad" Law of Towson; two daughters, Norene Cusick of Fallston and Liz Meredith of Lutherville; and seven grandchildren.