- Topping the crop, of course, was Candy Spelling’s $85-million sale of the Manor in Holmby Hills.
- A distant second, by comparison, was the sale of La Belle Vie, the mammoth Bel-Air residence built in 1993 for philanthropist Iris Cantor by her husband. It sold for $40 million.
- Actress Jennifer Aniston has sold her Beverly Hills estate for $35 million.
- A 5-acre compound in Brentwood went for $26 million.
- Technology entrepreneur and philanthropist David Bohnett sold a walled estate in Beverly Hills for $23,079,750.
- A Westwood mansion sold for $21.5 million.
- A beachfront house in Malibu Colony sold for $21.45 million.
- Former talent manager Sandy Gallin sold a remodeled home in Bel-Air for $21 million.
Interestingly, all the sales except for Aniston’s closed in the first half of the year.
Fast start for big sales in 2012
Luxury home prices make up some lost ground
Wealthy buyers want more bathrooms -- lots of them