At least six people were shot across the city overnight, including a targeted attack this morning in the
The night of shootings follow a violent weekend that saw dozens wounded and seven killed, including two 16-year-old boys.
None of the half-dozen shootings -- most occurring on the South or Southwest sides -- appeared serious, police said. Three of the victims were wounded in drive-by shootings.
The latest shooting occurred at about 5:13 a.m. in the 6800 block of South Campbell Avenue, police said.
In that incident, two gunmen went to the residence, asking for the 31-year-old victim who lived there, according to police, citing preliminary reports.
The men managed to get inside the residence, where they shot and wounded the man in the leg before fleeing, police said.
The victim was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where he was listed in good condition, police said.
Police said they suspected the shooting to be gang related, adding that the victim had a gang affiliation and numerous arrests. Officers also recovered narcotics at the scene, police said.
In other shootings across the city:
- A 28-year-old woman suffered a graze wound to the ankle in the 5700 block of South Seeley Avenue at about 10:05 p.m. Sunday. The victim said an unknown man approached her on foot and opened fire in her direction. She was treated at an area hospital and released.
- About 10 minutes later, a 30-year-old man walking in the 3100 block of West 54th Place was shot in the right foot by a gunman in a light colored vehicle. The victim was taken to Holy Cross Hospital in good condition.
- A 16-year-old walking in the 8600 block of South Kingston Avenue in the
South Chicagoneighborhood was shot in the right arm by a gunman inside a passing vehicle at about 11:10 p.m., police said. He was treated for his wound and listed in good condition.
- At about 3:09 a.m., a 28-year-old man was standing in the 7800 block of South Champlain Avenue, when a gunman inside a vehicle shot at the man. The man was driven to
Jackson ParkHospital and Medical Center, where he was listed in good condition.
- Just before 4 a.m., a 27-year-old man standing in the 3700 block of West Grenshaw Street in the Homan Square neighborhood was shot in the left arm by a man who approached him on the street, police said. The man was taken to Mount Sinai for treatment.
No arrests had been made in any of the shootings.