Advertisement

Palatine boy named in AMBER Alert found safe in Chicago

Palatine boy named in AMBER Alert found safe in Chicago
Eriberto Perez, left, William Cruz and the type of car sought in the Amber Alert (Palatine police)

Illinois State Police found an 8-year-old

Palatine

boy who had been missing since Thursday night and was the subject of an

AMBER Alert

.

Eriberto Perez was in a car with 30-year-old William Cruz, who police were also looking for, that was pulled over near the intersection of

Springfield

Avenue and Madison Street on

Advertisement
Chicago
Advertisement

’s West Side about 9:45 p.m. Friday.

Cruz, 30, is being questioned by police.

The boy was taken to an area hospital but Palatine police said he was “doing fine.”

Advertisement

Eriberto’s mother gave Cruz, her boyfriend, permission to take the boy to the grocery store, according to the AMBER Alert.

The two didn’t return as expected and when she reached Cruz, he said they were going to visit family in Chicago.

Eriberto’s mother told him to bring the boy home – Cruz didn’t – and his phone was turned off, according to the alert.

Advertisement
Advertisement