A wrap-up of news from the Tribune's breaking news desk.
• She was maybe as young as 17, with straight brown hair and an olive complexion. She wore a hoop earring in her right ear. Officials say she was strangled and her body dumped in a trash bin that was then set on fire. They are asking the public for help in identifying her and tracking down whoever killed her. Read more
• A 19-year-old man was fatally shot in the South Side's Lake Meadows neighborhood in one of three shootings Monday night on the South and West Sides, officials said. Read more
• A 22-year-old man was pronounced dead Monday night, becoming the second person to die after a Sunday crash on the South Side that injured three others. Read more
• A 43-year-old truck driver is hospitalized in Indiana, recuperating from a gunshot wound he sustained after he attacked an off-duty police officer working a second job as security in a Merrillville
• Chicago police were called to the
• Two men were charged with first-degree murder for the shooting death of a man whose body was found in unincorporated