A wrap-up of news from the Tribune's breaking news desk.
• A Chicago police officer was shot in the leg by a fellow officer who had fired at a charging dog in the Englewood neighborhood Monday night, authorities said. Read more
• A 41-year-old man was found dead Monday night in the Northwest Side's Cragin neighborhood. Read more
• A 31-year-old man was wounded in a shooting in the South Side's Back of the Yards neighborhood early Tuesday morning, authorities said. Read more
• A man was shot multiple times in the chest Monday night in the Tri-Taylor neighborhood, police said. Read more
• Independent hearing officers are opposing 14 of the school closings proposed by Chicago Public Schools officials, citing safety concerns and the district's failure to show students would be going to better schools. Read moreCopyright © 2014, Los Angeles Times