Two Chicago men accused of plotting to use explosives during last month's NATO summit were indicted today, according to the Cook County state's attorney's office.
Sebastian Senakiewicz, 24, is accused of threatening to blow up a train overpass during the May 20-21 summit in Chicago, authorities have said.
He was charged last month with falsely making a terrorist threat and is being held in Cook County Jail in lieu of $750,000 bail.
A native of Poland and a purported member of the anarchist group "Black Bloc," Senakiewicz boasted that he had a carload of explosives and that he was determined to use them during the summit, according to the charges.
He also told associates he had two homemade explosives hidden in his home in the 3600 block of North Odell Avenue, prosecutors said. But a police search turned up no bombs, authorities said.
Mark Neiweem, 28, of the 2200 block of West 18th Place, is accused of plotting to build a pipe bomb, authorities have said. He is being held in lieu of $500,000 bail on charges of solicitation for possession of explosives, not a terrorism-related offense.
Both men are scheduled to be arraigned July 2, according to the state's attorney's office.
Authorities have said Senakiewicz and Neiweem are not connected to each other or to three men who were arrested in Bridgeport just before the summit for allegedly plotting to use Molotov cocktails during the gathering of international leaders.
Like Senakiewicz, the trio -- Brian Church, 20, and Brent Betterly, 24, both of Florida, and Jared Chase, 28, of New Hampshire -- were charged last month under Illinois' little-used terrorism law.
They were indicted Tuesday and are also scheduled to be arraigned July 2.
Attorneys representing all five men have alleged they were entrapped by two undercover operatives who were either informants or Chicago police officers who infiltrated activist groups in the weeks before the summit.