NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Sweepstakes begins 12:01 PM CST Friday, July 9, 2010 and ends 11:59 PM CST, Monday, July 12, 2010 ("Sweepstakes Period").
1. ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident and a resident currently residing in Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin or Michigan, age 16 or older, at the time of entry. If winner is a minor, the prize will be awarded to the minor's parent or legal guardian. Winner may be required to provide proof of age, identity, and residency. Employees and immediate family members of WGN-TV, WGN-AM, CLTV, Chicago Tribune, Tribune Television Company, and other media companies within their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising agencies are not eligible to win. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited and outside Illinois, Wisconsin and Michigan.
3. OTHER CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: All entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. Entrants must use their own name, and must have a valid e-mail account in order to be eligible. If any dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of an email account from which entry was sent shall be deemed the entrant. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries. Registration entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and shall not be returned or acknowledged.
4. SELECTION OF WINNER: All qualified entrants will be combined into one (1) entry pool. One (1) entrant will be selected at random from all eligible entries, on Tuesday, July 13, 2010 and will be declared the winner (subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules). Sponsor will attempt to notify winner by e-mail on the day of the drawing. If a selected winner is ineligible, if Sponsor is unable to make contact with the winner, or if a winner fails to provide respond to notification and provide the necessary information by Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 5 PM CST, the prize shall be forfeited. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries.
5. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZE: One winner will receive two tickets to see the Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Mojo Tour at the United Center on Friday, July 17, 2010 at 7:30 PM CST. Approximate retail value is $400. Federal, state and local taxes, and any additional expenses if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. To claim the prize, winner must retrieve tickets on the day of show at "Fan Club Will Call." Prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. No substitute prize is available except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Properly claimed prize will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Chicago Tribune are final and binding.
6. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants 18 years of age and older agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation. Winner by acceptance of a prize, agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent companies and affiliates, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, sponsors and advertisers, from any and all liability, loss, damage, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize. Sponsor is not responsible for personal injury of any prizewinner incurred in connection with the use of their prize. Winner may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability prior to receiving the prize. Winner must provide proof of legal name, address, zip code, telephone number and social security number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued drivers license or identification card). Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Sponsor's decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Sweepstakes and selection of the prize winner are final.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason, this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. In the event Sponsor terminates the Sweepstakes before the designated end time, Sponsor will post notice of its action on the Sweepstakes website and will award prize in a random drawing from among all valid, non-suspect entries received as of the time of termination. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Information submitted in entries, including entrant's name, address, e-mail, etc., may be used by Sponsor for marketing or promotional purposes.
8. WINNER LIST: For a copy of the winner list, send a self addressed, stamped envelope to "Tom Petty Sweepstakes Winner List," Chicago Tribune, 435 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite TT200, Chicago IL 60611 (Attention: S. Vihon). All requests for winner list must be received by Friday, July 23, 2010.