Located on a highly visible corner facing a public square, this is one of the oldest and most prominent homes in the Franklin Square Historic District. It was constructed in three phases, from 1859 to 1890. Vacant since June 2009, the house has been in the City's building court due to neglect and numerous code violations. A local bank foreclosed on the property in 2010 and is seeking a new owner. Neighboring homeowners believe if the home is not acquired and renovated soon, its declining condition and appearance will negatively impact the overall health and character of the district.
Copyright © 2017, Los Angeles Times