College-bound and returning college students can get help filing for federal financial aid Saturday at a free event in Hampton.
Counselors will be in Templin Hall at Thomas Nelson Community College, 99 Thomas Nelson Dr., from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. as part of “Super Saturday,” an event sponsored by the Virginia Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators.
TNCC is one of more than 60 sites across Virginia where counselor will help families complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). A $100 scholarship for textbooks will be given away at each site.
To complete FAFSA during the event, students and parents must bring these items:
- U.S. Department of EducationPersonal Identification Number
- Social Security Numbers
- Driver’s License (if available)
- 2011 W-2 Forms
- 2011 Federal Income Tax Returns
- 2011 Family’s untaxed income records
- Family’s current bank statements
- Family’s current investment records
- Alien registration card (if not a U.S. citizen)
For more information about the event, call Eric Hairston of Newport News Public Schools at 757-881-5461. Read about FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov.Copyright © 2015, Los Angeles Times