Nearly two months in the making, the overhaul of
The quality of head coach
Frank Beamer, who began contemplating the makeover late in the regular season, and the new staff members will meet with reporters next Friday, and here are some of the questions I hope we ask. Feel free to suggest your own.
* After 11 seasons with Stinespring coordinating the offense, what prompted you to change?
* Might it be awkward for the new coordinator to work on a staff that includes his predecessor?
* How did Loeffler, Grimes and Moorehead get on your radar? How much input did holdover staff, particularly Shane given his
* How much input, if any, did Loeffler have in hiring Grimes and Moorehead?
* In researching these three, with whom did you speak?
* Many observed during the season that the offense lacked an identity. Do you agree?
* Regardless, what is your vision of Virginia Tech offense? Within what parameters will Loeffler work?
* As Logan Thomas pondered an early exit to the
* Staff stability has been a hallmark of your program during the 20-year bowl run. How difficult was it to part with Curt Newsome, Mike O'Cain and Kevin Sherman?
* The five changes since the end of the 2010 season have made your staff markedly younger? Was that intentional? If so, why?
* In light of these three changes, how might you realign recruiting territories?
* You left a
* Wear your
* Whose ring is cooler, yours or your dad's?
* You observed the good and bad at
* Having worked with Loeffler at Auburn, describe his practice, meeting and game-day demeanors. How would you characterize his philosophy?
* Your one season at Auburn did not go well for the team, or the offense. How would you assess that year, and what lessons did you learn?
* Your former boss at Temple,
* How much, if any, tape from last season have you watched? Impressions of philosophy and personnel?
* Did you speak with Logan Thomas before his NFL decision, and if so, what were the nature of those conversations?
* Your playing and coaching background Michigan is power running to set up play-action passes, which certainly worked with Mike Hart at tailback and
* You coached
* Did taking a coordinator's job with your predecessor on staff give you pause at all?
* In considering this position, did you consult with any colleagues and/or mentors? If so, whom?
* How much coaching of
I can be reached at 247-4636 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow me at twitter.com/DavidTeelatDP