Sergei Filin

Sergei Filin, right, the artistic director of the Bolshoi Ballet, and his wife, Maria Provich, are seen as they leave a hospital in Moscow on Feb. 4. (Sergei Ilnitsky / EPA / February 10, 2013)

The already bizarre case of Sergei Filin, the artistic director of Russia's Bolshoi Ballet who was attacked with acid last month, has a new twist: Suspicions reportedly are now being turned to some dancers within the famed company.

Reports over the weekend suggest that officials are now looking at dancers within the Bolshoi as part of their ongoing investigation. ABC News cited an Interfax news agency report, which said that members of the ballet troupe are now considered suspects. 

It's unclear which dancers or how many are being investigated. The New York Times cited the same report and also reported over the weekend that the Bolshoi is contemplating suing one of its dancers, Nikolai Tsiskaridze, who has been outspoken about his disagreements with the theater's leadership. 

PHOTOS: Arts & culture by The Times

Tsiskaridze has reportedly called for the dismissal of theater executives and spoken to the media about his dislike of Anatoly Iksanov, the theater's general director.

Filin was attacked Jan. 17 outside his Moscow home. An assailant threw sulfuric acid in his face, causing severe facial injuries and damage to his sight.

Filin, 42, is expected to receive eye treatment in Germany. He left a Moscow hospital last week and spoke to reporters. He described his vision as "foggy and blurred," according to a report from BBC News.

He has stated that he knows who attacked him but has not named anyone publicly in light of the ongoing investigation.

The Bolshoi is the largest ballet company in the world and has toured internationally. The Moscow company came to Los Angeles in June to perform "Swan Lake" at the Music Center. 

RELATED:

Bolshoi artistic director attacked with acid

Bolshoi Ballet director says acid attack likely an inside job

A 'Rite of Spring' that Nijinsky and Stravinsky would recognize