Michael Egan has withdrawn his sexual abuse lawsuit against former Walt Disney Television President David Neuman, according to court documents.
Egan's suit, filed in Hawaii in April, accused Neuman of sexually abusing him in Hawaii and Encino, a Los Angeles suburb, in the late 1990s when Egan was a teenager.
Egan's attorney, Jeff Herman, did not immediately respond to a request for further comment on the document filed Wednesday night, which contained few details.
Herman on Thursday issued a brief statement on the developments: "We have voluntarily dismissed the Hawaii complaints. Mr. Egan maintains the allegations and has even passed a polygraph test based on those specific allegations. We are evaluating our next step in seeking justice for Mr. Egan."
Neuman's attorney, Patricia Glaser, said the move "affirms to everyone that David Neuman's fine reputation deserves to stand strong and was attacked with no merit."
Neuman is one of four men Egan, now 31, has recently accused of abusing him when he was a teenager. In separate complaints, Egan also alleged he was abused by "X-Men" director Bryan Singer, former NBC and WB television executive Garth Ancier and producer Gary Goddard.
The case against Neuman appeared to run into trouble last month when Neuman filed a motion to dismiss the suit, using Egan's own sworn testimony in an earlier case that appeared to contradict his latest allegations.
According to the motion filed by Neuman's attorneys, Egan testified in 2003 that Neuman did not sexually abuse him.
"David Neuman has never been present when I was involved in any type of sexual conduct, never harassed me, never made sexually suggestive remarks to me, and never acted improperly around me or toward me," Egan said in a 2003 declaration included with the motion.
Neuman's motion also included six sworn declarations from individuals who said that Neuman was never in Hawaii with Egan.
Singer, Goddard and Ancier have all filed motions to dismiss the cases brought against them by Egan, who was able to file suits in Hawaii because of a 2012 law that extended the statute of limitations for bringing forward allegations of child sex abuse.
Among other things, all the motions to dismiss claim that the defendants were never in Hawaii with Egan when the alleged abuse is said to have taken place.
In reaction to the motion to dismiss filed by Singer, Egan's attorney Herman said, "I do have a response, but I am restricted in that I can only talk about what is in the court record. Many of the things being reported are being taken out of context or you're only hearing one side of the story. At the appropriate time and in the appropriate venue, we will respond."