The 86th Academy Awards are set for a dramatic finish, with the best picture race apparently coming down to three favorites: "American Hustle," "12 Years a Slave" and "Gravity."
Or will an underdog contender from the nine-film field -- "Nebraska," anyone? -- prove all the prognosticators wrong?
Join L.A. Times film critic Kenneth Turan and columnist Robin Abcarian on latimes.com on Sunday night for commentary and analysis as you watch the show on ABC, starting at 5:30 p.m. PST.
During the commercial breaks, Turan and Abcarian will weigh in and give you the back story on the winners and other news as it unfolds.
There's much more to our second-screen experience on The Envelope before, during and after the Oscars, including:
- Oscars play-at-home ballot: Vote for your favorites and share your picks.
- Glenn Whipp's predictions: Our awards columnist offers his guidance.
- Oscar Watch interactive: Everything you wanted to know about the nine best picture nominees but were afraid to ask.
- Key scenes video roundup: Watch all the lead actor and actress nominees in scenes from the films for which they were nominated. Among them: Amy Adams in "American Hustle," Chiwetel Ejiofor in "12 Years a Slave," Cate Blanchett in "Blue Jasmine" and Matthew McConaughey in "Dallas Buyers Club."
- Complete list of nominees by category.
- Presenters and performers: A preview of who will be on the show.
- Academy Awards timeline: Browse winners through the years.
- Awkward Oscar moments: Just a reminder that it's not all glitz and glamour.
- Oscar quiz: Test your knowledge of Academy Awards history. (Note: This quiz isn't easy.)
- Buzzmeter: See what the pundits have to say about the top nominees.
- Watch videos of actors and directors talking about the making of their films from the Envelope Screening Series.
- Filmmakers John Lee Hancock ("Saving Mr. Banks"), J.C. Chandor ("All Is Lost"), Nicole Holofcener ("Enough Said"), Paul Greengrass ("Captain Phillips"), Spike Jonze ("Her") and Steve McQueen ("12 Years a Slave") discuss working with actors, making it personal for the crew and more at the Directors Roundtable video.
On Sunday night, in addition to Turan and Abcarian's live video, The Times will have comprehensive win-by-win coverage of the show, including live Twitter updates, red carpet and fashion coverage, analysis and photos from behind the scenes.Copyright © 2014, Los Angeles Times