'Bachelor' couple Chris Soules, Whitney Bischoff call off engagement

It's over for #Bachelor @souleschris and @whitbisch; couple calls off engagement

It's another "Bachelor" breakup: Chris Soules and Whitney Bischoff have called off their six-month engagement. 

The reality stars called it quits two months after their much-hyped Season 19 proposal aired on ABC.

The matchmaking series' creator Mike Fleiss first broke the news on Twitter on Thursday. 

"Sad news to report: @souleschris and @whitbisch are no longer engaged..." he wrote.

The former couple then followed up by releasing a joint statement to Us Weekly and People that said they ended their engagement "mutually and amicably."

"They part with nothing but respect and admiration for one another and will continue to be supportive friends. They wish to thank everyone who has supported them through this journey," the statement said.

Soules, 33, who earned the nickname "Prince Farming" on the show, and his remote Iowa farm life were showcased on the latest season. Bischoff, a fertility nurse from Chicago, was among the few women who were willing to take on the rural lifestyle and settle in new pastures. 

After the finale, Soules appeared on "Dancing With the Stars," and that's when rumors of trouble on the homefront churned out.

The farmer shut down the breakup rumors earlier this month, telling Us Weekly, that they were "making the best of a really cool situation ... that's not going to last much longer."

"We're just normal people living a kind of abnormal life for a couple more weeks," he told the mag.

Soon after that, he posted several snapshots of Bischoff on his farm that he captioned "#farmerintraining"

Follow me on Twitter @NardineSaad.

Copyright © 2016, Los Angeles Times
71°