The "MDNA" rock star is said to have earned an estimated $125 million between June 2012 and June 2013, the mag said. Sales for her last album, "MDNA," were poor, but "MDNA's" corresponding tour, which happened to coincide with her powerhouse halftime-show performance at the 2012 Super Bowl, bolstered her earnings big time.
The tour grossed $305 million, according to the mag, thanks to fans who shelled out "upwards of $100 a ticket" to hear the Material Girl's classic hits like "Vogue" and "Like a Virgin." The tour also earned her the top touring award at 2012's
The 55-year-old mother of four, whose full name is Madonna Louise Ciccone, also sells tons of merch, and has a clothing line, fragrances and investments, which helped her forge her way to the top of the list. In 2009, the mag estimated she earned $110 million, which is the closest she ever came to this year's high. She replaces 2012's top earner,
Here are this year's top 10 highest-earning celebrities. For more on how they made their money and the complete list, click here.
1. Singer Madonna, $125 million
3. "Fifty Shades of Grey" author E.L. James, "X Factor's"
4. Author James Patterson, $91 million
5. The Blaze founder and media personality
6. "Transformers" director-producer Michael Bay, $82 million
7. "Pirates of the Caribbean" producer
9. Oprah Winfrey, $77 million (Fun fact: In June, the TV queen topped Forbes' list of the 100 most powerful celebs for the fifth time in a row. That list measures a mix of earning and fame.)
Follow Ministry of Gossip @LATcelebs.