The suspect in a home-intruder case involving actress Sandra Bullock has been charged with felony counts of first-degree residential burglary, stalking and possession of a machine gun, the Los Angeles County district attorney's office said Tuesday.
Authorities said Joshua James Corbett, 39, was arrested Sunday morning after climbing a fence and breaking into the Oscar winner's West Los Angeles home around 5 a.m. Bullock was home at the time.
Corbett was to be arraigned Tuesday, with prosecutors recommending bail be set at $185,000, Deputy Dist. Atty. Wendy Segall said in a statement.
If convicted on all charges, he faces a up to seven years, four months in state prison.
The "Gravity" star called 911 to report a break-in, TMZ said. Corbett is believed to have entered her home through a back door, but it was unclear whether the door had been locked or left open, the site said.
The Montrose man was booked Monday on suspicion of residential burglary, and Bullock obtained an emergency protective order against him that directs Corbett to stay away from "The Blind Side" star.
The move suggests that the case may be one of stalking rather than burglary.
The order remains in effect for five days. The 49-year-old actress must then apply for a permanent restraining order in Los Angeles Superior Court, police told L.A. Now.
Want more celebrity news? Follow me on Twitter @NardineSaad.Copyright © 2014, Los Angeles Times
2:15 p.m., June 10: This post has been updated to revise the time of the incident from 1 a.m. to 5 a.m., per the L.A. County District Attorney's office.