Sharon Osbourne kicked off her Thursday with a bit of excitement: a house fire, started by a candle left burning when the lady of the house and hubby Ozzy went to bed.
"The Talk" panelist on Thursday's program described a chaotic scene that started around 5 a.m. when she heard a sound "like metal had fallen" and thought it was her housekeeper dropping her keys on the floor. But the stinging in her eyes, the weird smell and the barking dogs that followed told a different story.
She went downstairs to find a fire in the living room, where a candle in glass had exploded -- that was the noise -- and spilled wax down the side of a table, setting books alight.
At that point, their initial firefighting effort began, with Ozzy trying to beat the flames out with the cast on his hand (he'd had surgery the day before).
"Then he opens the French doors, I go into the kitchen and get water, and throw the water on it, with the doors open ... and it erupted!"
She illustrated her words with hands that "wooshed" up in the air. Ozzy at this point got a bit singed, losing some hair and eyebrows, adding insult to the injury on his hand that he'd made worse. Fortunately, that was the extent of the damage to humans and dogs.
"It was like the Three Stooges," Sharon said. "Everything you are not meant to do, go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on, we did it all."
Soon enough, help arrived.
"The firemen came, and they were gorgeous. And I was in my dressing gown."
So whose fault was it? One might think it was clearly Sharon's, but perhaps not?
"Howard, call me," Osbourne said.
PHOTOS AND MORE: