LOS ANGELES (KTLA) -- Charlie Sheen has released his first statement, thanking those who supported him in the week since he was hospitalized for abdominal pains last week after reportedly partying for 36 hours.
In his statement, released by his rep Wednesday afternoon, Sheen thanked his cast members and admitted he "had a lot of work" ahead of him before he could return to the popular sitcom "Two and a Half Men," referring to recently being admitted to rehab.
Sheen continued, "I want to say 'thank-you' to my fellow cast members, the crew of 'Two and a Half Men,' and everyone at CBS and Warner Bros., especially Les Moonves and Bruce Rosenblum for their concern and support. And to my fans, your good wishes have touched me very much. Like Errol Flynn, who had to put down his sword on occasion, I just want to say, 'thank-you.'"
Sheen also stated in an interview with E! Online that the rumors were "crap" and that the media should have bigger things to be worried about than his troubles.
"Two wars are in an endless state of sorrow," Sheen said. "Egypt about burned to the ground, and all you people care about is my bullsh-t....?"
He also stated that the media is "guessing wrong" about what happened last Thursday, and that "I will never speak about any of this as long as I'm alive."
In a recently released 911 call made last Thursday a doctor who had just talked to Charlie Sheen says the actor was "very, very intoxicated, also apparently in a lot of pain."
"Kind of weird, the phone call I received," Dr. Paul Nassif told the Los Angeles Fire Department dispatcher.
Sheen's representative says the troubled "Two and a Half Men" actor suffered a hiatal hernia while others say he was partying with 5 porn stars at his Los Angeles home before being rushed by ambulance to Cedars Sinai Medical Center early Thursday morning.
Sheen was released later that night.
Neighbors of the star reported hearing women singing Red Hot Chili Peppers songs loudly into the early hours reporting that he was believed to have been having a "wild" party with five women.
Sheen briefly checked into a rehab center at Cedars Sinai Hospital after the incident.
Cedars Sinai officials say Sheen will receive treatment at home amid reports he is spiraling out of control with alcohol and drugs.
An adult film actress who was with Sheen the morning he was taken to the hospital says Sheen was using large amounts of cocaine.
Kacey Jordan also told several media outlets that Sheen wanted to rent a home and fill it with porn stars. The actor reportedly asked a porn star to babysit his children while he partied.
Sheen filed for divorce from his wife of two years in November, days after being taken to hospital following a reported drunken incident in New York.
People and other entertainment magazines said the star, one of the best-paid TV actors, was hospitalized after causing serious damage to his room at the Plaza Hotel, where police found him drunk, naked and in the company of a woman.
Last August, Sheen pleaded guilty to an assault charge arising from a violent Christmas Day altercation with his wife while vacationing at Aspen, Colorado, but avoided jail under a deal with prosecutors.
Sheen had several run-ins with the law in the 1990s in cases related to drugs, domestic violence and prostitution.
Charlie Sheen Calls Rumors "Crap" After 911 Call Released
"Two and a Half Men" is now on hiatus.
Listen To The 911 Call
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
Los Angeles Times welcomes civil dialogue about our stories; you must register with the site to participate. We filter comments for language and adherence to our Terms of Service, but not for factual accuracy. By commenting, you agree to these legal terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.
Having technical problems? Check here for guidance.