Here's what's new and interesting in entertainment and the arts:
- What's up with that cryptic video Taylor Swift just posted on social media?
- Gustavo Dudamel's tour with Venezuelan youth symphony canceled by President Maduro
- John Oliver urges conservatives to condemn Trump's Charlottesville response: 'Say his name'
- How about a statue of Missy Elliott instead of a Confederate monument?
- On day of solar eclipse, Bonnie Tyler is back in the spotlight with 'Total Eclipse of the Heart'
The external part of it — the clothes, the furniture, the smoking and drinking and haircuts and all that stuff — changes everything, changes the way a character sits and stands and what you're doing with your hands, and then it kind of takes on a life of its own. But I didn't really need to do any specific research because it's smoking and drinking, and basically I've been doing that my whole life.
FROM THE ARCHIVES: It pays to advertise