Here's what's new and interesting in entertainment and the art
- 'The Carmichael Show' will end its run after three seasons
- Beyoncé and Jay Z either named their twins or went on a random trademark binge
- Comic-Con will stay in San Diego through 2021
- KCON adds more artists to 2017 bill
- Olivia de Havilland sues FX over 'Feud: Bette and Joan'
- Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park to leave 'Hawaii Five-0'
MSNBC has called out President Trump after his Thursday morning tweets in which he attacked "Morning Joe" hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski.
"It’s a sad day for America when the president spends his time bullying, lying and spewing petty personal attacks instead of doing his job," an MSNBC spokesperson said in a statement to The Times on Thursday.
The president's early-morning tweets called Scarborough "Psycho Joe" and Brzezinski "Low I.Q. Crazy Mika" and alleged that the pair had invited themselves to Mar-a-Lago, a private club in Florida owned by Trump and dubbed the "Winter White House," over New Year's.
Most shocking of all, Trump went on to accuse Brzezinski of "bleeding badly from a face-lift."
Mark Kornblau, senior vice president of communications for NBCUniversal, tweeted his own thoughts on the matter. "Never imagined a day when I would think to myself, 'it is beneath my dignity to respond to the President of the United States,'" he wrote Thursday morning.
The president's disparaging comments on Brzezinski's appearance recall his GOP debate run-in with Megyn Kelly, after which he said, "You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever."