“Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri” and “Big Little Lies” were the top winners at the 2018 Golden Globe Awards. Both the darkly comic film and the HBO limited series ended the night with four wins a piece in their respective motion picture and television categories. The 75th awards kicked off with Seth Meyers tackling Hollywood’s sexual misconduct and gender inequality head on in an opening monologue that also included the host joking about a presidential run for Cecil B. DeMille Award honoree Oprah Winfrey. She answered the call with an acceptance speech that inspired others to seriously consider the possibility.
- Complete list of nominees and winners
- Watch Seth Meyers’ entire opening monologue
- The full transcript of Oprah Winfrey’s speech | President Oprah?
- ANALYSIS: A very different Golden Globes | Ali: How the Globes became the women’s room | Gold Standard: The women winners
- PHOTOS: Red carpet looks | Show highlights | Winners’ room
I'm proud to be wearing black tonight. I'm proud to be wearing black to stand in solidarity with women who have been doing the work for social justice for decades. I'm proud to be wearing black to stand in solidarity with all of the great people who have come forward to talk about injustice.