"Shoes" has been viewed over 25 million times, and so we asked him how to create a YouTube phenomenon.
"My video 'Shoes' has been viewed a lot on YouTube, and sometimes people ask me, How did you make a video that has been viewed a lot on YouTube? Here are the easy steps I followed:"
1. "I did not try to make a hit video on YouTube."
2. "I did not know what I was doing."
3. "I wore a platinum blond wig, glasses, a pleather jacket and magenta lipstick. Then I got BEHIND the camera."
4. "I did not forget to press the record button on the camera."
5. "Once the camera was rolling, I encouraged my actors to '[expletive] around.' And I pronounced the '@' as an "uh" sound.
6. "I edited the video using Final Cut Pro on my iMac. I made the music using Garageband. (Hello, Steve Jobs! Can I get a sponsorship?)"
7. "I did not follow anyone's advice on how to make a hit video on YouTube."
"That's about it. I guess the only thing I had in mind was making people laugh. Thank you for reading."
Liam Sullivan will be performing at the House of Blues in Los Angeles on August 25. You can check out his alter ego's MySpace page here: http://www.myspace.com/kellylikesshoes