1. Name the merry fellow in Middle Earth's Old Forest who hosts Frodo and his friends in the novel "Fellowship of the Ring" but didn't make the cut when Peter Jackson took the epic to the silver screen.
A. Thorin Oakenshield
C. Tom Bombadil
D. Bjorn Borg
E. Odo Proudfoot
2. In the space western television show "Firefly," who is the "companion" who stirs up plenty of romantic tension when she's near Capt. Malcom "Mal" Reynolds?
3. Viktor Krum is a world-class, elite quidditch player in the "Harry Potter" universe, and from the way he says "ve" instead of "we," we know he must be from Eastern Europe. But which country is it?
4. In the pages of Marvel Comics, Thor and the other Asgardians are not innately immortal -- they must do something to maintain their superhuman longevity. What is it?
A. Visit Stan Lee's doctor
B. Drink water from the Well of Urd
C. Hunt and kill a heavenly doe
D. Eat golden apples
E. Participate in an epic battle
5. The Silver Surfer saves Earth from landing on the lunch plate of Galactus, and don't think we don't appreciate it. What planet is the shiny surfer dude from?
B. Yavin IV
C. Adigeon Prime
6. In "Star Wars IV: A New Hope," Han Solo brags to Luke Skywalker about the speed of the Millennium Falcon. What smuggling route did Solo say he could cut down to "less than 12 parsecs?"
A. Kessel Run
B. Hydian Way
C. Three-Moon Route
D. Corellian Trade Spine
E. Cahuenga Pass
7. The broken sword of Isildur is reforged for Aragorn in "Lord of the Rings." What name does he give the reborn sword?
8. Stan Lee got his start in the Golden Age of comics in the 1940s. Which of the following comic-book titles was the home of his first published and credited writing in the industry?
A. All-Winners Squad
B. The Amazing Spider-Man
C. Flash Gordon Comics
D. Marvel Mystery Comics
E. Captain America Comics
9. In which U.S. state does "X-Men" leader Xavier house his Institute for Higher Learning, which trained mutants in how to control their powers?
A. New York
C. New Jersey
D. North Carolina
10. The man behind the mask, Bruce Wayne, has been portrayed by many men over the decades. Arrange these actors in the chronological order in which they played the Caped Crusader on screen.
A. Val Kilmer, Michael Keaton, Adam West, Christian Bale, George Clooney
B. Adam West, Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, Christian Bale
C. Adam West, Michael Keaton, George Clooney, Val Kilmer, Christian Bale
D. Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, Christian Bale, Adam West, George Clooney
E. Adam West, Val Kilmer, Michael Keaton, George Clooney, Christian Bale
Copyright © 2013, Los Angeles Times
Gifts ideas and holiday tips from the L.A. Times.
GIF guide |
Travel gifts |