E-mail this image
By Deborah Netburn and Patrick Day
1. The Simpsons five are named after Matt Groenings own family.
2. Many of the side characters take their names from streets around Groenings native Portland, Ore. i.e., Ned Flanders, after N.E. Flanders Street.
3. Milhouse is named after former President Richard Milhous Nixon.
4. The Simpsons had a couple of addresses over the years, but the writers finally settled on 742 Evergreen Terrace, which is the name of the Portland street that creator Matt Groening grew up on.
5. In the episode "Kamp Krusty," the Simpsons lived at 430 Spalding Way (a reference to the late humorist Spalding Gray).