I decided to be a good girl and refrain from tweeting or texting throughout the Wednesday taping of "Conan," as instructed. But they didn't say we couldn't tip you off to what happened during the taping, afterward!
Without giving away some of the best segments of tonight's show--there were definitely some great surprises and laughs--here's what to look forward to with tonight's Chicago edition of "Conan," taped at the Chicago Theatre.
ALSO: Want to win a special edition Chicago "Conan" T-shirt? RedEye's got 'em--click here to snag one
- The crowd is fairly tame on the costumes front, save for one dude in a monkey suit--literally, a gorilla suit--who is made fun of endlessly by emcee Jimmy Pardo before the show.
- Conan cracks some fairly easy, stereotypical Chicago jokes in his monologue about Chicago turning him into an alcoholic, Obama and Oprah. He also brings up the just-announced Groupon deal with the CTA to offer discounted passes. So that was neat.
- After the first on-stage stunt, the Chicago Theatre might smell like Chicago hot dogs for the rest of the evening.
- Yep, the State Street bridge-jumping attempts continue tonight. One of the attempts involves the Green Bay Packers and some awesome camera footage from the object itself.
- Mr. Tis a guest. Kind of.
- Triumph the Insult Comic Dog isn't on tonight's show. Conan says he'll be on the show Thursday.
- Conan is a mega-Abraham Lincoln fan. Can you guess which state capitol he visited and what kind of impersonators he hung out with?
- Michael Buble was supposed to serenade one lucky audience member, but he couldn't make it. Someone infinitely better fills in for him and appropriately chooses a Ginuwine song.
- Johnny Galecki, an Oak Park native, of "The Big Bang Theory" is the interview guest. Do people seriously watch that show?
- A Cubs and a White Sox fan finally settle their intense rivalry once and for all.
- Kids These Days performs! The babyfaced and disgustingly talented Chicago supergroup crushes their late-night debut to close out the show.
So it looks like we won't find out the story behind that silver medallion that was purchased Tuesday in the Loop until Thursday night's show, eh? That's OK--plenty to tide us over until then. See some of the best clips from this week's tapings of "Conan" in Chicago here.Copyright © 2015, Los Angeles Times