In the clip, released Thursday by Funny or Die but recorded Sept. 9, the day Clinton was diagnosed with pneumonia, Galifianakis asks the former secretary of State a series of intentionally moronic questions, including:
- “Are you excited to be the first girl president?”
- “As secretary, how many words per minute could you type? And how does President Obama like his coffee? Like himself? Weak?”
- “What if you become pregnant? Are we going to become stuck with Tim Kaine for nine months?
- “When you see how well it works for Donald Trump, do you ever think to yourself, ‘Oh, maybe I should be more racist?’”
- “Any regrets over losing the Scott Baio vote?”
And yes, he also makes an email joke.
Despite being sick, Clinton rolls with the punches (and rolls her eyes too).
That clip racked up over 10 million views in a single day, and helped boost traffic to Healthcare.gov after what had been a notoriously buggy rollout.
Clinton has reason to hope her campaign receives a similar boost: Polls indicate that the candidate is lagging with the young voters who traditionally form an essential component of the Democratic party base.
(Video includes strong language.)
Follow me @MeredithBlake