Japanese fashion retailer Uniqlo moved into Southern California in force this fall, opening stores at the Beverly Center in Los Angeles, South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa, Glendale Galleria in Glendale and Northridge Fashion Center in Northridge.
Now Uniqlo is saying thanks for a warm welcome. First the company threw a shopping party at the Beverly Center store on Tuesday for underprivileged kids, who were given tokens to shop their favorite Uniqlo looks. As an added bonus, they got to meet special guest Pharrell Williams.
And now the label is inviting area residents to partake of some major freebies on Saturday at a number of locations in the area. Just show up (early) at the following locations to get the following deals on a first-come, first served basis, all compliments of Uniqlo. Here are details from a company news release:
• The Pacific Wheel at Santa Monica Pier - Rides for 1,000 people, courtesy of Uniqlo. The world's only solar-powered Ferris wheel gives visitors a panoramic view of the Southern California coastline from more than 130 feet above the Santa Monica Pier. (pacpark.com/)
• LA Zoo – 1,000 tickets. The zoo is home to more than 1,100 mammals, birds, amphibians and reptiles representing more than 250 different species. It is recommended that you get to the zoo before 9 a.m. to get your ticket. (www.lazoo.org)
• Holiday Ice Rink at Pershing Square – Complimentary skating and skate rental during Winter Festival. (holidayicerinkdowntownla.com)
• SoulCycle – Complimentary classes at the Beverly Hills, Newport Beach and Santa Monica locations. Beverly Hills and Santa Monica classes will be at 3 p.m. and Newport Beach classes will be at 2 and 3 p.m. SoulCycle will take reservations 45 minutes before class starts. (www.soul-cycle.com)
• Diddy Riese – 2,000 ice cream sandwiches from Diddy Riese Cookies. (diddyriese.com)