Note: Spanish chorizo can be found at Spanish markets, most cooking supply stores and well-stocked markets.
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup heavy cream, plus extra for brushing
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a food processor bowl, pulse together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the cold cubed butter and pulse just until the mixture has the texture of lightly moistened cornmeal. There may be a few pea-sized chunks of butter remaining.
3. Pour in 3/4 cup whipping cream all at once and then pulse 4 to 6 times just to moisten the dough. Do not overmix or the dough will be tough.
4. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and gather into a crumbly mass. Knead 3 to 4 times to make it cohesive and then pat into a rough circle 6 to 7 inches in diameter and a consistent 3/4 to 1 inch in height.
5. Using a sharp knife, cut the circle into 6 wedges. Transfer to a cookie sheet, brush with a little cream, and bake until risen and golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes. Turn the pan around halfway through to ensure even cooking. Remove to a cooling rack.
Shrimp and chorizo in cream
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup diced Spanish chorizo