6 tablespoons sugar
* Place corn syrup, cinnamon, butter, sugar and flour in bowl and whisk until well blended. (If you make filling the day before you're going to bake, do not refrigerate overnight. Cover and leave on counter until needed.)
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup water
* Put sugar, vanilla extract and water in bowl and whisk vigorously until mixture is free of lumps.
* Flour work surface generously and rolling pin lightly. Divide Bun Dough in 1/2. Roll first 1/2 into rectangle 1/2-inch thick, as evenly as you can. It should be about 10 by 12 inches.
* With spatula or clean hands, spread 1/2 of Cinnamon Filling over surface of dough rectangle, stopping 1/2 inch from edge of 1 long side. Starting from opposite long side, roll dough up, snugly but not so tightly that you push filling out. When rolled completely, pinch 1/2-inch edge that is free of filling onto rest of length of roll to create sturdy seam.
* With sharp serrated knife, cut roll crosswise into buns 1 1/2 inches thick, using sawing motion to avoid pressing down on roll. Place buns on baking pan lightly greased with butter 1 to 1 1/2 inches from each other.
* Repeat with remaining Dough and Filling. Cover buns and let rise until puffy and half again as large, about 1 hour. They should spring back from a light touch.
* Uncover baking pans and set in oven to bake at 350 degrees until slightly firm and light golden brown, about 15 minutes. Check to see that buns are cooked through to center, but if buns are too brown, they will develop undesirable crust. Cool until warm to the touch and drizzle with generous amount of Sugar Icing.
16 buns. Each bun: 552 calories; 547 mg sodium; 63 mg cholesterol; 24 grams fat; 91 grams carbohydrates; 6 grams protein; 0.55 gram fiber.