3 ounces thinly sliced Swiss cheese
* Remove ribs from chard leaves and cut leaves into 2-inch pieces.
* Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat. When hot, add shallots and saute until tender, about 1 minute. Add chard and cook, stirring, until chard begins to wilt, about 1 minute. Cover, reduce heat to low and let chard steam gently about 10 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and salt to taste.
* Combine mayonnaise and chili sauce. Spread dressing on 1 side of each slice bread. Place half of corned beef on each of 2 slices bread. Add 1/4 of cheese and half of chard to each. Top each with remaining cheese and remaining slices of bread. Brush top slices of bread with half of melted butter. Place sandwiches buttered side down on preheated grill pan over medium heat and grill until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Brush top of bread with remaining melted butter, turn and grill other side, about 4 more minutes.
2 servings. Each serving: 768 calories; 2108 mg sodium; 127 mg cholesterol; 49 grams fat; 49 grams carbohydrates; 37 grams protein; 2.08 grams fiber.
Oven-Fried Herbed Potato Chips
Active Work Time: 10 minutes * Total Preparation Time: 30 minutes
1 large baking potato
1 1/2 tablespoons oil
2 teaspoons minced mixed herbs, such as thyme, rosemary and parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
* Scrub potato and slice very thin. Place in bowl with water to cover and set aside.
* Combine oil, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper to taste in large bowl. Drain potatoes and add to bowl. Toss to coat evenly.
* Spread potatoes in 1 layer on baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 450 degrees 10 minutes. Turn over and bake until golden and slightly crispy, about 10 minutes. Potatoes will get crisper as they cool.
2 servings. Each serving: 137 calories; 594 mg sodium; 0 cholesterol; 11 grams fat; 11 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram protein; 2.08 grams fiber.